Monday, June 2, 2008

Time to make like a tomato and catch up!




I haven't posted since Thursday! It's not for lack of updates - we've just been busy litte beavers prepearing for the arrival of Ray and Linda:



Aren't they cute... :)

Friday I had the day off, and Jimmy and I bought a yard of sand to replenish my beach area. It was wet, so it was quite a workout for the biceps, unloading it all from his truck. The beach looks great, though!

Thursday night, I mowed the lawn and weedwacked. I can't believe how much easier it is to do these things this year. My back pain with all that extra weight really immobilized me. I didn't realize the extent until it was gone.

Saturday we ran errands, and got the house ready all day. All of my clothes are too big, once again, and I knew my parents were excited to see me for the first time since I'd lost the weight, so I bought a cheap-o outfit at Walmart to wear that actually fit. The shorts were TEN sizes smaller than where I started. That's craziness.

I'm finally in a smaller size than my Dad, so that's a good thing. :) I'm sure he could have fit in the shorts I had on, but let's relish in my victory instead of being objective. Relish is more fun.

Hmmm... I started the post with ketchup, and now I'm onto relish. I must be hungry.

I'm buying XL shirts now. I know that XL stands for extra large, which may not seem like a boasting point, but when you started off 3 and 4 times extra large, XL seems quite small and appropriate. It's funny - when I hold my clothes up to look at them at the store, I think they look so tiny - they'd never fit, but they do!

Mind you, they are not *actually* tiny, but when you're used to wearing clothes suited for Louie Anderson, it alters your perspective.

Yesterday, I picked my parents up from the airport, and we had a cookout with my grandmother:

Today I have the day off, and I have some homework that I must finish, but other than that, I'm hoping to hike Rock Rimmon with my parents. My Mom has knee problems, so it may be too steep, but we can certainly try it. After that, I was thinking of having a picnic in the boat, and if it's warm enough, maybe a little swimming too.

Tonight, we'll grill out again. Tomorrow is supposed to be rainy, so I want to take advantage of the nice weather while I can!

Oh yes, last week was my non-losing week, so this week should be my losing week. (It's so strange how that happens.) Today I was down another lb, to a total of 126.

4 comments:

Alison... said...

I think XL shirts look tiny but look at me! That's great that you're in a simple XL and that you're picking out clothes that are 10 sizes smaller than last year... wow, GREAT JOB!

Kristen said...

Thanks, Ali!!

Kathie said...

You don't post your starting weight.. you lost 126 pounds and that is amazing!!! Just curious what you started at.

Kristen said...

i keep everyone guessing for now, but i will share soon, promise! i'll email you. :)