Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Online Support Groups



There are a TON of Yahoo! groups devoted to the bandster lifestlye. At one point in time, I've probably been a member of 10 of them. I found one board several months ago that was great, because one of the leading bandster experts is a regular poster, and her help is fantastic. The downside of the board is that there are soooooo many posts. I can spend at least an hour per day keeping up with my Yahoo! group postings. If I miss a few days, fuggedaboutit!

Lately, the tone of this board has turned a bit sour. It's sad too, because 99.9% percent of the people on the board are positive, helpful and extremely supportive, but it only takes one worm to ruin an apple, right? I've decided to unsubscribe to a few of the boards, including the one I just referenced. I'm still a member of 3, and if I have a question, I can sign on and ask it. I haven't really had any questions in months - I normally answer questions that are asked, but there are plenty of others to answer all the questions.

I would rather spend my healthy time working out than sitting on my duff, reading through pages of posts that are often monotanous. As part of my healthy living philosophy, I believe that if something is no longer a healthy and positive influence in your life, it's time to get rid of it.

Buh-bye!

1 comment:

Alison... said...

getting rid of the negative... good plan!

I can't imagine how thin the thread is that I'm hanging onto!

;-)