Saturday, June 28, 2008

Yes, sadly, I really was that big

A number of my friends have commented to me that my before picture is actually a really bad picture of me, and I never looked that big. I'm not sure if that's because they are forgetting, or if it's because I carried myself in a way that took attention off the fact that I really was huge. I mean, it was obvious I was really really overweight, but people don't seem to remember how big I actually was. I found a few pictures that my sister sent me from her visit with my nephews last year. I was horrified when she mailed me these pictures, and I thought she must be crazy if she thought I wanted to witness myself that size, but now I'm really glad to have them!

The first picture is me with Ben:
This picture is me with Jack, and you can see me at another angle:



So yes, I really and truly was as big as my before picture. It wasn't just a bad photo day.

This is me today:



Obviously, I still have quite a ways to go, but it's a big difference so far. I'm not really wearing a complimentary shirt today either, but you get the idea.

I was bloated this past week. I was up 3-6 lbs from my lowest the entire week, and it was totally annoying. Today, the bloat is gone, and I'm at my lowest again, down 135. Hurray. I was starting to get concerned.

My fill appears to be working still. This morning I had 1.5 french fries from the poutine, one egg and a half a piece of dry rye. That was all I could do. It's nice to get full so quickly again - it's been so long!

I'm hoping with the bloat gone and the fill working, this next week will be another losing week. We will soon find out.

4 comments:

Kathie said...

O..M..G girl you look amazing.. and 135 pounds is a person that you lost!!! I'm so amazed by your journey. I get tired reading your exercise routine though. I need to start exercising!

Anonymous said...

Wow truly a picture is worth a thousand words. That is amazing!

Alison... said...

I can't get over the difference... it's a whole new you, A MAZING

Carmen said...

Okay so I never saw you at your biggest but that is a major difference! You look like a completely different person...I am so dying over how fabulous you are! Keep it going hottie