Thursday, June 12, 2008

Fit Smart Bar

I didn't have my yogurt/Kashi breakfast as planned. I have a lot of running around to do today to prepare for our off site tomorrow, so as I was heading to BJ's, I decided I'd stop by the gym on the way, and I grabbed a Fit Smart bar for the road.

It was totally bogus. This is another bar that I got at the health foods store last week. It's chemical free, which is nice, but it's disgusting. The main ingredient is dates, and it tastes like a bitter, chewed up mushy date with sour unsweetened chocolate trying to mask it's nastiness.

I do not recommend this product. ;-)

For lunch, I had the chemical free ham and cheese on a Joseph's tortilla wrap, and it was very good.

D and I are going up to Maine tonight to have dinner with my Mom at the beach. All of the restaurants she listed off to me sounded like seafood restaurants (which makes sense since we'll be at the ocean!), but I need to figure out what I can have that's not too bad for me. I'd like to have some seafood that local fishermen have caught. Too bad I'm not crazy about seafood. We'll see...

My elbow started bothering me again when I was working out, so I only did a few things:

(3 sets/8 reps)
  • Back ext (210 lbs)
  • Arm curl (30/35/40 lbs)
  • Arm ext (50 lbs)
  • Overhead press (30/50 lbs)
  • Lat pull down (90/110 lbs)
  • Row/rear delt (90 lbs)


2 comments:

Alison... said...

You have permanently turned me away from ever trying another bfast bar but it's OK because if you think they're gross [well most of them anyway], can't imagine what I would think. I even think the fattening chocolatey ones taste like compressed dust bunnies!

Anonymous said...

I hope you enjoy your dinner. Maybe you can say hi to Ben & Jerry for me....oh wait wrong state