Monday, June 9, 2008

Just for the taste of it...


Today I had a reunion with an old friend - Diet Coke. Many of you know that prior to being banded, I used to drink 4 liters of Diet Coke per day. I had a fierce caffeine addiction, and it was fueled by my dear friend. It took a lot of planning and time to get over my addiction, and I'm so glad I have...

...However, there's only so much water and Crystal Light a person can drink! We were told that carbonated beverages are a no-no once banded. I've heard they cause you a lot of gas in your chest that is painful, that they can stretch out your pouch, and even that they can erode your band. I've also heard that all of that is bunk, or also that it's fine to have them after 6 months.

I don't want to go back to my dependence upon soda, and in general, I'm perfectly happy with my beverage choices, but I will tell you this - I did not feel any gas or pressure in my chest when I drank the soda. It didn't quench my thirst either, so now I'm off to have some Crystal Light.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think it's ok to treat yourself every now and again. You deserve it for all your hard work!

Alison... said...

I agree, if it doens't bother you, have a DC once in a while!