Friday, June 6, 2008

Buzz off, Bumble Bar

My Mom and I visited a health foods store near my house today. I forget the name of the store, but it was cute. Apparently, it's under new ownership. They didn't have much of a selection for foods, but they did have a good selection of supplements and homeopathic remedies, as well as green cleaning products, etc...

I am always looking for good meal replacement bars, and I found a few new ones at the store, that I hadn't seen elsewhere. The first one I tried was the Bumble Bar. It's an organic energy bar that's gluten free and vegan friendly. I brought it to the movies with us as a snack, and I tore into it during the previews.

What?! I nearly spit the first bite onto the floor. It looks and tastes (I can only assume on the taste part) like bird seed! Seriuosly! The primary ingredient is organic sesami seeds, and the third is flax seeds. Mmmmm....seedy. I did see that when I purchased it, but I figured they were blended into some kind of Power Bar-esque mush. I was sadly mistaken.

This is a picture of bird seed:


This is a Bumble Bar:



Yes, the resembelence is both striking and disconcerting.

You may be wondering, why, oh why, then, is there only 1/3rd of the Bumble Bar remaining in the above picture? Aren't we all... The reason is simple: my father is not only a human garbage disposal, but he also likes to march to the beat of a different drummer. We managed to find one of the most disgusting foods on this planet, and naturally, he decided to eat it. But of course he did! LOL!

You can have it, Dad!


1 comment:

Alison... said...

Sounds gross but the most disturbing this is that you were looking forward to Power Bar-esque mush!

wow.