Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Got fill?


I do. It's too soon to see if it's working yet. I forgot I had a fill last night, and I ate a pretzel. It went down just fine. As I've mentioned before, not all MDs have restrictions on eating after a fill, so it's not strange that the pretzel went down fine. Still, I'm going to be good and stay on the liquids while I'm supposed to.
.
Yesterday I was up 6 lbs over my lowest last week. I'm totally bloated, and I was annoyed, because I wanted my MD to see what a good job I am doing, and it doesn't look as good up 6 lbs. His scale only showed me up 5 lbs from my lowest, which was still a 30 lb loss from my last fill, so that is good!
.
I didn't meet with my MD, I met with the Nurse Practitioner, and she is very nice and supportive. She really encouraged me to come to the support group meetings, because she thinks it will be helpful to the bandsters who are struggling. I'm having success and I'm loving the band, and that's good for them to hear.
.
I promised her I would, so I'm going to. If I can help motivate people who are struggling, that would be fantastic. I talked with two women in the waiting room yesterday, and they weren't seeing the results they wanted to with the band. I told them that I was banded in October, and I'm down 130 lbs (since I was up the water weight yesterday), and they couldn't believe it. They asked me how, and I told them the truth:
.
I have had to rearrange my entire life to make healthy living my top priority. I work out faithfully, I do my best to plan my meals ahead of time, make time for grocery shopping, track everything I eat on fitday.com, and blog about it all every day. I spend an average of 2-3 hrs/day on healthy living. It's a lot of time, and a huge commitment, but it's the only way I've been able to be successful, and it's sooo worth it.
.
Today I'm down 3 lbs from yesterday, but still up three from my lowest. I'm hoping the liquid diet will push me down the last 3 today. Cross your fingers for nice weather tonight. I really want to go hiking!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Are overachievers ever happy with their phenomenal results. Up 6lbs, down 5....whatever. Your overall results have been inspirational. Trust me when I say my bud is going to break lap band records!!