Thursday, June 5, 2008

9 months - update


It has been 9 months since I started this healthy living journey, and 8 months since I had the lap band. I posted a while back that I read that it takes 9 months to create long term change, and I'm glad I have finally reached that mark.

My life is so different now from 9 months ago. I feel like a new person. It didn't happen overnight, but sometimes it feels like it did. I can hardly remember what my life was like before, because I'm spending so much time enjoying my life now.

I went from a completely sedentary lifestyle, filled with over indulgence and debilitating back pain to being active as an instinct, full of energy, and very nutrition conscious. I have bad days, like yesterday, when my work gets in the way of working out and I don't make the best food choices, but those days are, by far, the exception. Every healthy person I know has days that are less than ideal.
The difference between having one bad day and 365 bad days is about 100 lbs, or in my case, I'm hoping for 150 lbs, by my one year mark - I don't care if we're counting the beginning of my pre-op diet or the day I was banded - either one is close enough. :)
I'm younger than I was a month and a half ago. I took my Real Age test again, and now I'm 30.2 years old (as opposed to 30.4, which I was 2 mos ago, or 31.7, which I actually am.) I started off about 10 years older, and I keep getting younger. I can feel it too!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

You're getting younger every day - body, mind and spirit!

As always, I'm supremely proud of what you have accomplished and of all the permanent changes you've made.

Unbelievable.

Kristen said...

Thank you so much!!

Anonymous said...

Good job kid!! I have no doubt you will reach your goal, do it faster than anyone woamn who was ever banded did it, and will probably become a role model for pther bandsters.