Thursday, June 26, 2008

Oops

You can't really tell from this picture because my camera phone is lame, but my hair is kind of orange. I usually highlight it myself because it's so much cheaper (but more because I have no patience to sit in a salon), and I do a fine job. Not as good as a salon, but fine. Well, this time, not so much. I left it in too long, and I didn't do a good job of color placement. I have huge chunks of orange amidst my other chunks of brown. Not attractive.

I feel like I'm going through puberty again. Nothing quite fits me right, my body is changing, I don't always recognize myself... I'm looking forward for all of the weight to be off. I love change, but it will be nice to have a little constant at that point. I can buy clothes that aren't disposable, or that aren't too small because I know they'll fit me soon enough, etc...

I hope by then I don't do stupid things like dye my hair orange. I hope that once I've worked so hard to lose all the weight and get my body in shape, I'll have enough pride in myself to wear nice clothes, and have good hair, and even upgrade the obligatory jewelry I must wear. Shoes - I'm going to get better shoes. I like the shoes I have on now, but they don't really go with my outfit. Also, both laces broke months ago, and I just tied them back together, so there's that.

I would like to start doing these things now, but it's silly because my outfits are so lame, so the rest is just downhill after that. I'll have to bide my time and do my best in the mean time. ;-)

3 comments:

Alison... said...

I can't really tell what the hair looks like but I can see that you're looking skinny [you only have 1 chin now]... an ever changing [for the better] body is a good thing. I know you want to be able to buy permanent clothes but the fact that you're dropping weight all the time is phemoninal.

obv

Kristen said...

thank you ali! i still have neck fat to lose, fo sho. however, yes, i actually have a chin. before, the bottom of my face sloped to my clavicals. LOL i found some pics from the boys visit last year. i was a BIG'N. i'm going to try to remember to post them.

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should see my colorist Charles. I don't use the word often, but FABULOUS comes to mind. He steams the color in your hair in 5 minutes. Always nice to treat yourself to a nice do on Newbury Street.