Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Soup-er

I'm naughty. I couldn't figure out how to transport milk to Boston without it going bad on this hot day, and there is no where near the hospital that sells organic milk that's convenient for me to stop at on my way in, so I grabbed a can of healthy request chicken noodle soup. One can is two servings or 240 calories/5 grams of fat/14 grams of protein, so not too bad, except for all the sodium, of course.

I'm supposed to be on liquids, but this is something I would definitely eat in the mushy stage because everything is very soft and easy to swallow. I ate the whole can. It made me feel quite full, but I know of other bandsters that could never dream of eating that much in one sitting, especially after a fill.

Sometimes it takes a few weeks for me to feel the effects of the fills, but if that doesn't happen, I'll just schedule another one in a few weeks. I know my MD likes to wait 6 weeks between fills, but I also know that at this point, I know myself and I know my band, and I think they can trust me if I say I need a fill.

I postponed my most recent fill twice because I wasn't ready yet, so we'll see. I only have 5cc's right now in a 10cc band, so I have a ways to go.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I'm sure eating a healthy choice soup is fine w/ the fill, you're not naughty.

Anonymous said...

Looks good to me. Looks like a nice alternative to mushys