Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Tabouli revisited


I'm pretty sure I blogged about Tabouli a few months ago, but here I go again. It's one of those things I go through phases with. I think I get so excited to have it again that I overdo it, get bored with it, and forget about it. Well, it's back. I ran into tabouli at the grocery store last week, and I picked up some Cedar's Taboule Salad. It's just tomatoes, parsley, cracked wheat, red onions, lemon juice, olive oil and a little salt and spices.
.
It's been helping me get out of my food funk that I was in. I'm probably going to overdo it again. I bought these whole wheat, flax oil, omega three pita wraps with 7 grams of protein and 6 grams of fiber (and only 60 calories!) by Joseph's - a new fave of mine, and I coated the pita with some garlic hummus and then spread tabloui on top. It was delish and totally nutrish.
.
This morning, I had scrambled eggs with a little reduced fat cheddar and tabouli mixed in for breakfast. I had been avoiding scrambled eggs because they didn't go down so well, but the tabouli was just the right amount of moisture and flavor. For lunch, I had 6 reduced fat crackers topped with hummus and tabouli. I know, I know, I'm going overboard. That's what I do. We know this.
.
I'm getting a fill this afternoon, so tonight will be an instant breakfast, as will all three meals tomorrow and Wednesday, and then breakfast and lunch on Friday. By Friday night, I'll be back in mushville, and I'll probably have tabouli and hummus on a pita, because that's soft. My MD is the only MD I've ever heard of who requires liquids for 3 days after a fill, and then mushies for the following two. Many other bandsters I've met eat soft foods the night of their fill, and they're back to solids the next day. I don't think it hurts to be cautious. I also think the liquid diet shrinks my appetite in combination with the fill, so it's all good, except for the liquid diet part.
.
Last night it was too slippery to climb Rock Rimmon, so instead of going to the gym, I decided to utilize my time as effectively as possible by doing yardwork and chores around the house at an aerobic pace. I did that for about an hour, and I worked up quite a sweat, so I didn't feel bad for skipping the gym. I made sure I was moving constantly at a fast pace.
.
I'd like to climb RR tonight (twice), so that's what I'll plan to do unless the weather doesn't cooperate.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You? Overdo something? LOL

I don't want to find that you have been placed in a Tabouli detox center..lol. I am not sure I could do your journey. As we know I eat nothing and am unsure if I couls stay so healthy. Good for you!!