Wednesday, June 18, 2008

I feel like Kobayashi



Seriously. That guy is a bottomless pit, as am I today. I am glad I'm getting a fill next week. I think I've lost weight around my band, and it's loosening as a result. Either that, or it's just a really hungry day for me.

Today I had Cheerios for breakfast at 6:30, a breakfast bar as a snack at 10:30, a lean pocket at 12, an orange at 12:30, another lean pocket at 1 (which was supposed to be my dinner), and now it's 1:30, and I've already reached my calorie max for the day.

Nice goin', kid.

Remember when I struggled to get in 700 calories per day? Ha! Those days are gone. This week I'm averaging 1026 calories per day, which is completely fine and in my range, but it's a new experience for me.

I'm getting bored with the foods I've been eating, I think. I need to brainstorm around new choices for breakfast. Lunch is always good for leftovers, but I suppose you have to cook dinner to create the leftovers... Once again, I need to go to the grocery store, and I need a meal plan for the week.

As I mentioned in my post last night, I have fallen out of my routine, but that's all going to change. I think...hope...

No, who am I kidding. I don't need to think or hope, I just need to plan! It's easier said than done when I've been feeling so exhausted this week. I probably need to take my iron again. I haven't taken it in a while, so that's probably part of this. Fine.

Two of my devoted blog groupies bought me one of those Sunday through Saturday pill things (thanks Mom and Dad!), so I'm going to fill that tonight. That's step one. Tomorrow I'm going to make a meal plan for the rest of the week. Step two.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

Planning is the hardest thing of the whole process... I'm terrible at it myself. I'm sure you will do better once you're back into a routine which is tomorrow.

1026 calories a day? break the bank!

LOL

Stoop.

and you couldn't even eat 5 hotdogs, let alone 55

Anonymous said...

I am maybe one of the worst planners around, as evidenced by my refrigerator full of coke and the occasional condiment. If I know you, you will be back on track in 2 days

Kitty said...

Do you like quiche? What about trying a breakfast quiche? You could make a yummy breakfast pizza, taco or burrito. I have nice recipe for veggie hash with and egg, and berry blintzes ... but I imagine you don't need a recipe to whip up these ideas. They can be made ahead of time and portioned to grab quickly, reheat and eat. Do you like the Kashi waffles? Load one (or two) of those with fruit and no/low fat cool whip...YUM. Keep a veggie loaded light pasta salad in the frig to grab for breakfast. Planning is difficult but the reward is worth it. You never cease to amaze me.