Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Last day with Mom


My Mom flies out tomorrow AM, and we were hoping to spend the day at Rockport today, but since I was sick yesterday, I was too behind with work, but I made time to have lunch with her at our local Brazilian Steakhouse. She had never been to one before, and she thought it was fabulous! It's kind of a waste for me since I'm banded, but I got to try lots of different meats, and it was fun! Two bites into my flank steak, I remembered that I wasn't planning on eating corn fed beef. Duh. I had a little more, but I really need to figure out what I'm going to do about eating. I have more research to do before deciding how to proceed, but either way, I hate the idea of eating regular beef now.
.
I am still tired from my night of missed sleep, and possibly being in pain for so long, and today I was lagging. The allergies didn't help. My body is sore, and I'm not sure why. My Mom wanted me to take it easy today, so I complied and I didn't go to the gym as planned. I should wait until I'm feeling better. I know. We went for a walk along the water, and it was really nice!
I will miss not having my Mom and Dad up here with me, but I know they love their new life in the South, and I'm happy for them. :) We had a great visit.
.
Between my crazy work schedule, my intensive class for school, and visiting with my folks, I have fallen behind in my house work. My lawn is covered with lawn toupee's that fell from our tree, the grass is almost a foot tall (it took 2 weeks to get there), my outdoor chairs and tables are covered with tree droppings as well, and I have some major clean up to do this weekend. I also want to start planting grass or soon it will be August and too late. It's causing me anxiety to have such a lousy yard right now, and I'm looking forward to fixing it.
.
I had planned to take care of it on Sunday or Monday, but my gallbladder had a different plan. I just feel bad that it looked so lousy on my Mom's last day. Even though I have more energy, it still seems like I can never ever keep up with everything I need to. I need to work on a new routine that will help me fit it all in. I don't like to ever be behind with anything. I may need to cut out sleep, but it will be worth it.
.
Cross your fingers that I lose Carmen this week. That would be super!

3 comments:

Kitty said...

Hey Kristen, I'm back blogging and just caught up on yours. Sorry to hear about your hospital visit and pain. I hope you get to the bottom of it sooner than later. Congrats on your continued success. You're amazing! The lawn isn't going anywhere...you take care of you.

Alison... said...

I agree w/ Kitty, take care of you!

You do so much, all the time and now you just can't because of not feeling well. IT'S OK!

You mom understands and your health is more important than the darn lawn.

Did I just say darn?

;-)

Anonymous said...

Everyone in Manchester is talking about how bad your lawn looks. Someone asked me yesterday if I knew you and I said no. I do not want to be associated with a lazy lawn owner. You disgust me! Please fix the hideousness that is your back yard.

The Lake People Association