Friday, June 27, 2008

Meal Plan

Breakfast ideas for the week: healthy banana bread with yogurt, yogurt with Kashi, eggs + multigrain toast, tomato and low fat cheese omelet


Lunch ideas for the week: leftovers, hummus and tabouli on whole wheat 60 calorie pita, tuna on Joseph's tortilla wrap, hummus and cucumber wrap


Dinner Meal Plan:


Friday - Chicken tacos

Saturday - Grilled marinated chicken thighs with roasted vegetables

Sunday - Chicken sausage and vegetable pasta (recipe on lowphatcooking.blogspot.com)

Monday - Grilled pork chops with apple sauce and garden salad

Tuesday - Turkey kielbasa and grilled peppers and onions

Wednesday - Chicken stir fry

Thursday - Margarita Pita Pizzas


My dear friend red meat is clearly omitted from my meal plan. I am still on the grass fed beef band wagon, and I plan to take a trip to a local farm to pick up some meat eventually. I'd like to get a freezer for my garage so that I can buy it in bulk to save some money. I haven't worked out those details yet, so for now, I'm skipping out on the red meat. I just can't do it. I don't know if I'll never have corn fed beef again - I may have it if I'm at a restaurant or if someone is having me over for dinner (I won't be rude), and I don't think that 2-3 times/year is going to have an impact on me, but I don't plan on buying it myself. I used to eat red meat 2-3 times per week, so that would have had an impact.

As for the rest of the organic dilemma, I'm working on figuring out where I stand on all of this. You know I'll keep you posted.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well I do think 2-3 x a week for red meat was too much, glad you are cutting back and good for you standing by your conviction to go organic. Yeah Grass!

Accountant said...

Kristen,
The Girl thought you might be interested in this link...we will be giving it a try next week.
"Hi" to Darcy!

https://www.inseason.us

some of the beef is grass-fed some grass/corn. That's a question I have too.

Kristen said...

Thank you so much accountant and the girl!! I'm checking it out as we speak...

Mr T: I know 2-3 times was a bit much (ya think?) - I gave myself permission because I'm so anemic, but I know it's not a good idea long term.

Alison... said...

I'm gonna move in and you can cook my meals for me, k?

thanks