Tuesday, June 3, 2008

My Parents are Rock Stars!


Seriously - half of my friends wouldn't be able to keep up with them! Yesterday I took the day off to spend with them, and we went hiking, kayaking, boating, swimming and tubing! What a busy day!
It was my first time tubing out here, and it was a BLAST! My father whipped me around as fast as the boat could go, and I went flying into the air, off the tube, and into the water. Naturally, I climbed back on my horse and rode around for a lot longer. It was awesome. I can't wait to return the favor to him! ;-)
I only hope that 30 years from now, when I'm their age, I'll be as active and nimble as they are. I wouldn't have had a prayer before, but now, I have a fighting chance!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

boy, when you catch up... you catch up - 3 blogs entries today - glad you're having a fun an active time w/ your parents. You certainly will be as active as them when you're their age since you're making these good and healthy changes in your life now.

Alison... said...

I also think that even if your parents broke both legs and one arm each, they would have dragged and scratched their way up rock rimmon with their one good arm in an effort to be supportive of their baby's new found healthy and active lifesyle!

;-)

Kristen said...

LOL - you're probably right, but they really didn't have any trouble. They were a little winded because it's so steep, but it wasn't very challenging for them. They are in good shape!