Monday, June 23, 2008

Update from my Nutritionist

My meeting with my nutritionist went very well. I got clarification on what I'm supposed to be taking for daily vitamins, so that is a good thing. She couldn't believe how much weight I'd lost. She knew I'd had the lap band surgery, but she had to double check that I didn't have gastric bypass, because it's so unusual for a lap bandster to lose weight this quickly, I've learned.

She said I should really come to the monthly support groups so that people can hear my story and learn from the things that are working for me. She's right. I wish I lived closer. I will make an effort to go next month.

We talked about some ways to increase my iron intake and calcium. I told her I'm looking into the viability of going organic, and whether or not it's worth it for all foods or just some foods, etc... She's going to mail me some information that she thinks will be helpful, and I'm looking forward to that.

The weather is dreadful tonight, and I'm not looking forward to the commute amidst the thunderstorm. I have a feeling it's going to take forever. I have a test I need to take for school, and the link isn't available right now. I'm hoping it's posted soon so that I can get that over with.

Obviously, tonight will not be a Rock Rimmon night, but I plan to go to the gym.

Tonight is the last night before my fill, so I also plan to pick up some sugar free Carnation Instant Breakfasts and milk at the store. Fun!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should do the talks so others can see what an inspiration you are!