Thursday, June 19, 2008

I'm a winner AND a loser



Winner

Last night I received the H. Michael Boyd Excellence in Employment award. The award was granted by an independent HR organization, the Association of Employment Professionals. It was a great honor to be recognized for my work in the field of employment, and I didn't know that winning would make me feel as good as it did until I actually won.

I knew I was a nominee for the Boyd award, which meant I won an entry level award to begin with, but I was very surprised when I found out that I won the big award too! Tom nominated me, and wrote a beautiful nomination. I was amazed by his accolades, and I felt so bad for him as he read my nomination, because he was so sick, and he was having trouble speaking. Thank you so much!

Before losing weight, I never in a a million years would have agreed to go to an event like this, where I may or may not have to give a speech, where I may go and not win, where I may go and win and have to be on stage and have my picture taken a million times, etc... I wouldn't put myself out there like that. At the time, I wouldn't have known/admitted that it was because I hated the way I looked, but looking back, I know that is the case. (By the way, the photo shoot lasted about 20 minutes!)



Loser

I lost Carmen! Today, I'm down a total of 135 lbs. I'm totally excited about that! My goal was to be down Carmen by July 2nd, and it's June 19th, so I'm about 2 weeks ahead of schedule!

Next stop: Kristina! (more info to follow) I haven't heard from our dear Kristina in a while...are you still there??? :)

I plan to lose Kristina (146 lbs) by July 24th. Originally, my goal was to be down 150 by September/October, so if I'm on track to lose Kristina by July 24th, I will *really* be ahead of schedule.

Thank you

Thank you for the support, and thank you Kitty for all the great breakfast ideas. Breakfast is going to continue to be a struggle for me, but I may just decide to have dinner for breakfast. Dinfast. Brinner. We'll see.

7 comments:

Alison... said...

Congrats on both your amazing 135 pound loss and your award - you earned both!

Also, can you pass on Kitty's bfast ideas to moi?

thank you.

Kristen said...

Read the comments, stoop. ;)

Alison... said...

mean

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on hitting your goal and of course on the award. This is really you year! You have taken back control over your physical well-being and it is showing in every other area. Enjoy the accolades.

Kitty said...

Very cool! Congrats on your success from all directions. Do you get sick of me telling you you're amazing? Cuz I gotta say it again..YOU'RE AMAZING!!!

lanie said...

Your successes are awesome and so well deserved! Congrats!!! You should definetly eat foods you like for breakfast-is it in some kind of rule book somewhere that it has to be eggs or cereal- how bout a little of that grass fed beef with some veggies- iron plus an entire day to digest it. Try some left overs some morning Sat. morning to see if you can "stomach" it.

Carmen said...

Oh my gosh I have been so overwhelmed as of late I haven't even had a chance to check your blog. I am TOTALLY dying over you! You are a total skinny minnie. 135lbs!!! That's amazing! congratulations. Kristina's still checking the blog but her 2 year old broke her laptop and it's being repaired. I will update her. WOW!