Saturday, June 7, 2008

Here comes the sun...

We started off our day at Rita Mae's for breakfast again. So good! This time, my parents tried the poutine (french fries covered in brown gravy and melted Canadian cheese) - they were just amusing us by trying it, but they found out they loved it! How could they not?! I suppose I shouldn't write about such things on my healthy living blog, but that's life. I stuck to my two fries as usual, and it's just enough to enjoy it without sending me off course.


After breakfast, we climbed Rock Rimmon. Here my cute little parents shared a loving momment at the top of the summit:



(They are totally posing. Please, they've been married nearly 40 years. The honeymoon is OVA. hahaha - jk)

After the hike, we went swimming, kayaking and boating. What a beautiful day! It's 3:15, and we have to head out to take my Dad to the airport. Bummer. It's so nice out, and I'm sorry that it rained and was cloudy for a number of days during his visit. I hope my Mom has better weather next week while she's at the beach in Maine!

Tonight we are going to the North End and Quincy Market after we drop my Dad off, as long as it's not too hot or rainy. The weather is so fickle. If we go to the North End for dinner, I am going to have to practice some major self control, but I know I'll be fine.

...reporting to you live from NH - Kristen...

PS - I forgot to mention, I'm down 2 more lbs to a total of 129 lost. 6 more lbs until I lose Carmen!!

1 comment:

Alison... said...

129?!?! Unbelievable!

I figured you would have a good loss this week.

Your parents are an adorable couple!