Friday, February 15, 2008

...and it only took 80+ lbs

This week three people who didn't know I had surgery commented that I looked like I've lost a lot of weight. Other than the one person who noticed around the 60 lb mark, this is the first time anyone else has noticed! I think part of it is the fact that I need to buy new work clothes. The ones I have are tooo big. The other part, as I have said before, is that my weight fluctuates so much that I am just now (well, 2 lbs ago) as small as I was when I first started working at my current job - 3 years ago.

When I first started in my current role, I had just lost a ton of weight, as usual, and I was working out a lot. I ended up working 80 hrs/week and healthy eating and time for the gym fell by the way side. During the past few years, there were a few times when I lost 20 or 30 or even 50 lbs, so anything past my smallest point will probably be the most obvious to everyone.

Moving forward, I suspect that people will notice more and more.

Today someone asked me what my trick was, and I said - eating healthy and exercising! That's the truth, even though I omitted the part about the band. I don't mind telling people, but there was a crowd around, and it's just not everyone's business. Clearly.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

healthy eating and exercise, whoda thunk it? Sounds so simple...

Yes, I know you're going to say it is so I'll say it for you - it is [ish]

formerfattie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Kitty said...

isn't it awesome when people start noticing...I figured people wouldn't notice any difference in me till 40 or 50 lbs but I started getting comments around 30...I just recently started wearing smaller clothes and the comments are amazing...I love it...yeah for you!!