Wednesday, February 20, 2008

In need of protein...

I wrote on my Phatbusters blog today about how weak I felt when I went to the gym. We are supposed to have at least 65 grams of protein each day, but on the liquid diet, that's truly impossible. I'm done all of my meals for the day, and I've had 14 grams of protein and 650 calories. I only ended up having 3 instant breakfasts, plus 3 5 oz cans of low sodium V8. Oh, and I put a banana in the blender with my last instant breakfast of the day in an attempt to get something healthy going on.

I worked out this morning, and when I got home tonight, I changed for my evening work out, but it's not going to happen. I feel so tired - I could go to bed right now, and it's just after 8pm. I am going to continue to work out while I'm on my liquid diet, but I just can't expect as much out of me with so little protein and so few calories.

Zzzzzzzzzzzzz...oh! Sorry, I fell asleep on you.

I'm looking forward to scrambled eggs on Friday night - when I finally hit mushyville. LOL

KC

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is probably the hardest part for anyone going through this experience. But the pay off is great! Can you have baby food? At least it is flavored, as I recall the fruits are pretty good.

Alison... said...

Boy, I just can't wait to be on liquids, can you imagine how cranky and tired I will be? LOL

but God luv ya for still working out while during starvation week...