Friday, February 22, 2008

Back to the mushy basics

I'm finally off liquids and onto mushies. I had 2 scrambled eggs, and it was nice to finally chew again! For some reason, I wasn't that full from them. Usually when I first get a fill, I get full really quickly, but I'm not sure that's the case this time around. I'm guessing my third fill isn't the charm, but we will see. It's still too soon to tell.

I wanted something that would stick to me better without having the empty calories of mashed potatoes, so I made creamy mashed sweet potatoes. The recipe is on lowphatcooking.blogspot.com - I was pleasantly surprised. I'm not a sweet potato fan, but they weren't bad! Not a bad option for the mushy stage. I added low fat cheese for protein.

Tomorrow is all day of mushies, and I'll be able to eat a real food dinner by Sunday late afternoon/night. I should have something good...maybe sushi! Although, I don't want to push it since I just had a fill, and some people have trouble with rice eventually, so I should probably try something else as my first meal back.

A few weeks ago, we had chicken tacos for lunch, and they were great! Maybe I'll have that!

For mushy day tomorrow, I am going to have an egg and low fat cheese omelet for breakfast, yogurt for snack, soup for lunch, and sweet potatoes for dinner. I know you are jealous!

;-)

KC

No comments: