Monday, February 18, 2008

Working out

I feel like I'm slowly getting into a good groove (again) for working out. Last week I worked out 5 out of 7 days as planned, and so far this week, I'm two for two. I really need to remember to plan for the gym. Tomorrow, I have a *very* full day of work ahead of me, and after work I have an MD appt that I probably won't get out of until 6:30 or 7. If I decide to stay for the support group after, that means I won't get home until 9 or 9:30. For tomorrow, I'm planning to go to the gym before I go to work. I'm not very good about going in the mornings, because I usually work as soon as I get up, but I'm going to try.

Wednesday is another very full work day, and I won't be home until 7. Once I eat dinner and get changed, I won't get to the gym until 8, but that's okay, I just need to plan to have another long day, so that it's not something I try to talk myself out of. Thursday shouldn't be as bad, and Friday should be okay as well.

I was plannning to be up to 300 crunches/day by this week, but as of today I'm up to 600. I should be up to 1000/day within 2-3 weeks at this pace. I was at 100 2 weeks ago, and I'm already up to 600. As always, my daily workouts are now documented on my phatbusters blog. The blog has really helped me stay on track with my work outs, and I also look forward to watching my progress as I'm able to lift more.

Funny anecdote from today's workout: For a girl, I'm quite strong. In the past, when I lifted, I would always do as much as I possibly could because I think I'm tough...even though I often ended up pulling muscles and unable to continue lifting for long periods of time. I have (pretty much) grown up now, and I'm lifting much less than I used to. I'm still getting a good work out, and I can see my strength building already, but it's just a different way of working out than I'm used to. Today, a young girl at my gym was using 20 lb barbells to do the same exercises I was doing with 15s. My instinct was to put down my 15s and go for 25s, because I'm not going to let some little 20 year old seem stronger than me! (LOL) I got over it, and I stuck with my 15s. I know I'll be up to the 30s in no time anyway!!

2 comments:

Alison... said...

you're a muscle headed psycho

Anonymous said...

1000 crunches. I am impressed. I hate abs and am lucky if I cvrank out 150 day. Go get'em!