Friday, February 22, 2008

2 NSV's plus 1 SV

NSV = non scale victory
SV = scale victory



NSV 1 - The woman I work with who first noticed my weight loss before anyone else - a few months ago, saw me yesterday, and she said, "You are just withering away!" I'm not quite "withering," but it sure was nice to hear that! Mental note - visit her more often. ;-)

NSV 2 - I had the opportunity to go to a conference in Scottsdale, AZ and to stay at a beautiful resort and spa (with a water slide and a lazy river!! - yes, I'm a kid). Before I lost this weight, I never would have wanted to travel if I didn't have to. I even avoided flying for vacations, unless it was first class, because traveling as an overweight person is such a hassle. Not only are the seats so small, but there is so much walking involved, and it's just an awful experience. I am still overweight, but with nearly 90 lbs of me missing, it makes everything so much easier. I didn't hesitate to take the opportunity to go, and now I'll not only have a wonderful opportunity to learn more about my field of work, I get to visit a beautiful resort community that I have never seen before. It is nice to live life without the restrictions I once had. I'm sure there will be even fewer restrictions as I continue to lose.

SV - I am down another lb to a total of 88. 2 more lbs to 90!

Today I have to spend every free moment that I'm not working, working on finishing my mid term exam, as well as a school project that is also due today. I have been exhausted the past two days from a lack of food, and probably the anemia, so I let myself sleep in today, and I got up at 6:30. I started working then, and now I'm updating my blog, but it's back to work after so I can finish up my work and start my school work.

We are supposed to go bowling with Steph and Carolyn tonight, but I'd really prefer to go to Hampshire Hills instead. I wish they would join...I know it's expensive, but it would be so much fun to have friends that could join us there. We shall see - I may not even have time to do anything tonight because of my school work.

I worked out the first five days of this week, so it's okay if I skip today. I'm sure I'll have time tomorrow, and that will be 6 out of 7, but I'd really like to do 7 if I possibly can. :)

KC
Scottsdale, AZ:



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Things keep getting better and better. What more aformation can you expect? Good for you! 90lbs truly amazing!

Alison... said...

I can't wait until I feel even 25% as well as you do now and I will not have the same dread about traveling as I still have and now you don't. You are truly my inspiration in this journey. I can't imagine having even a fraction of the little big of success I have had at this without you leading the way. But this isn't about me, it's about you! I'm very proud of you, you're so inspiring to others. Keep up the good work! You will be at goal by bikini weather -

LMAO

Anonymous said...

Certainly. It was and with me. We can communicate on this theme.