Wednesday, February 6, 2008

No love from the scale

I wasn't expecting it either. I got home from work at 8, and had dinner at 8:45 which never results in a happy ending with the scale the next day. I didn't make it to the gym either. Even though I was still sore yesterday, I could have made it to the gym. By the time I was done with dinner at 9, I was exhausted and I went to bed.

Today I have another very long day, and I don't expect to be home before 8pm again. I'll have my dinner, and tonight I need to clean my house because I'm having company tomorrow (and Friday), so again, there will be no time for the gym.

My work schedule is heating up again. I used to work 80 hours/week with this job, and then things finally got under control. I had a much more manageable schedule for about 8 months. Now, I am almost back where I started. I have taken on way too much, and I just started up with school again too, so my time is tight, to say the least.

I think my only solution will be to start working out in the AM, but I really hate that idea.

I shall give this more thought.

I know this is more of a weight loss blog (ya think?) than anything else, but I would like to give a shout out to my boy TJ. He's quit smoking for over a month now, and I know that is harder for him than this journey has ever been for me. He has really made amazing changes to get past this addiction, and he struggles with it every day. His journey is an inspiration to any of us who are trying to get healthy. If he can do it, we certainly can!

Keep up the awesome work, TJ!

Kristen.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the shout out! I need the encouragement. You are right about the gym. You have to "incorporate" it into your day, just like a meeting. It sucks, but if you go on a regular basis it's just like brushing your teeth. It just becomes part of the daily drudgery.

XO,

T