Friday, February 29, 2008

Alright, already!

Okay, I must have been really spoiled by losing 6 lbs last week, because every day since Monday (the last time I lost a lb) when I have weighed myself, I've been mildly annoyed that I'm not down anything... I'm staying between 700-1000 calories per day, and I'm working out a lot..doesn't the scale know it's time to MOVE! Maybe I'll send it a letter...I don't suppose it has email...?? ;-)

I'm actually going up on my weights for lifting this week, so I wouldn't be surprised if that was part of the reason I haven't seen any additional loss this week. It could also be that my body is adjusting to a big loss from last week, so it takes time to start losing again. I'm also back on the fiber, which can cause me to bloat, so that could be part of it to.

Who knows, I'm going to keep doing what I'm doing, and I know it will come off again. I was just reading several posts on my yahoo groups of people who were banded around the same time I was, and many of them seem to have had a 30 lb loss in the same amount of time. Everyone is different, and I should be happy I'm seeing the success I am...and I am happy.

I think I just feel like since I had to finish up my work out at 11PM last night when I was exhausted, that ought to be worth something! LOL

Back to the gym today. I really prefer Hampshire Hills because I love doing laps for cardio. I checked on fitday.com and the rate in which I am swimming, factoring in my current weight, is better than the bike or the treadmill (at the paces I was on with them). I'm burning about 700-800 calories per hour. I do a half hour, so let's call it 350. Also, my 600 crunches burn 222 calories, and my 30 minutes (average) of weight training (20 mins for legs, 45-60 minutes for upper body) burns another 200 calories, so I'm burning about about 775 calories per day from my work outs.

The body naturally burns about 1200 calories per day just living, walking around, etc, so if I'm taking in between 700-1000 calories per day, and burning almost 2000, I should be losing weight...and I will...hopefully soon! :)

KC

2 comments:

Alison... said...

What no blog about how you're now at the 92 mark? Get with it girl!

dragyonfly said...

Umm question. How do you find time for all that workin' out?