Monday, February 11, 2008

NSVs

In the world of online weight loss, there are scale victories (SVs) and Non-scale victories (NSVs). I have not had a scale victory in a few days, but I did have a non-scale victory this weekend. One of my neighbors came up to me from behind, and she thought I was her husband. (I know my mother is horrified by this, and wondering how in the world that can be seen as a victory of any kind!) Her husband is a big guy, but he probably only has 15 lbs to lose, if that. I took her error as a compliment!

I had another NSV that same night involving the same woman. As I was walking up the stairs, she told me she can't believe how much I've changed, and that she almost doesn't even recognize me anymore. GOOD! Ya'll saw what I looked like at the beginning. We want to get as far away from that as possible! :)

4 comments:

dragyonfly said...

Hi, I followed your link from bandsters and just wanted to say you are doing great!! You are shriiiinnnkkiing....

I have lost about 60 since May. Im a slow poke. But hey, no complaints here.

I, too have problems exercising...But have done much better since Jan.

You seem like a fun person....

Kristen said...

Thank you so much! I had a LOT to lose, so naturally it's going to come off quicker. 60 lbs since May is awesome, and it's so nice to know it's gone forever!!! :)

dragyonfly said...

Yep, Gone forever...I also have alot to lose total of 180, but one third is gone forever...I live in Memphis, where are you from?

Kristen said...

A third of the way is a huge accomplishment! Nice! I live in New Hampshire.