Thursday, February 28, 2008

Whopper Jr

That was my lunch today. I was supposed to have a business lunch today, but my morning meetings ran way over, and I had to cancel it. I was frantically trying to get everything done for my first meeting of the afternoon, and I had to drive from Methuen to Boston. The only place on the way was Burger King, McDonald's and KFC. Burger King was the closest to the highway, so I stopped there. They have absolutely no healthy options on their menu. Some offer salads, but I can't eat a salad while driving.

I'm a great multitasker, but not that good!

I ordered a Whopper Jr w/o mayo, as I figured that was the healthiest option on the menu. They had a grilled chicken sandwich, but I knew that would would be worse, and I was right. A Whopper Jr w/o cheese or mayo has 290 calories. A grilled chicken sandwich w/o mayo or cheese has 510. The veggie burger has 490 calories! Other than a small order of chicken tenders, the Whopper Jr is the best option when you have to stop at BK. (source: www.dwlz.com)

I hadn't had bread in a while, other than whole grain toast, and it bothered me. Almost every bite made me feel like I had a lump in my chest. Other than that, it was kind of nice having a burger - it's been a while! I took really small bites, and I enjoyed it. I have no guilt about my 290 calorie lunch - that's the same amount as an average lean cuisine.

3 comments:

Alison... said...

glad you told me that cuz last time I had to go to BK [same one as you went to in methuen], I had a grilled chicken sandwich but no mayo or cheese but still... more calories. Since I am planning never to eat in the car again, hopefully I will never have to hit a BK again!!!!

Kristen said...

i know - it's almost double the whopper jr! crazy, huh?

Anonymous said...

I fear knowing what my caloric intake must be on a daily basis. Luckily the only thing I like on their menu is chicken tenders so I am good...lol.