Sunday, February 3, 2008

I did it!

I just walked three miles in under an hour on the treadmill. My back and legs are fine - the only problem I am having is my feet. I need new sneakers for this training program, and I think I'm going to end up with many many blisters from today's stint. I know that to many people, walking three miles in under an hour is not exactly a giant feat. I think only those of you who have been near the size I was at the beginning of my journey (or even my size now!) can truly appreciate the significance of this accomplishment.

Just five months ago, I couldn't stand for more than a few seconds without being in tremendous pain. Now, without even working up to it, I was able to walk three miles. I know that the reason my back and legs aren't in pain is because I stretched thoroughly before the work out. The 3 day site offers great stretching instructions on their site, and I followed all of them prior to my walk today: http://07.the3day.org/site/pp.asp?c=pmL6JnO8KzE&b=2183351

Steph and Carolyn won't be joining us for the walk after all, but if any of you are interested, let me know! The more the merrier.

KC

2 comments:

Kitty said...

Great job Kristen! That is such a huge milestone and you know I am one that can certainly relate. I look forward to the day I can simply walk again unassisted, not to mention for any length of time or distance. Nancy and I will definitely support you guys...whichever walk you decide to do. You ROCK!!!!

Anonymous said...

Good for you! I like the way you keep pushing yourself to take on challenge after challenge. Those walks are so much fun. Everyone always has a great time and of course it is for some great causes.

XOXO,

T