Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Back from the doctor

I had my fill, and my MD was very proud of me! He thinks my attitude is making all the difference. I skipped the support group because it was 7 by the time I was finished with my appointment, and I needed to get home for dinner and the second half of my work out. My port is a bit sore from the fill, so I'm not sure how well I'll do with the second half of my crunches, but we'll see.

I was in the waiting room with many other people who have had the lap band, and unfortunately they are not seeing anywhere near the results I am. I'm lucky because I wanted to get the lap band for 5 years before I finally did, so I was READY when I finally did. I will probably write more about this tomorrow.

When I first had the surgery, my nutritionist told me I should be eating between 1500 and 1600 calories per day. At my last fill, my MD told me I should be eating between 1200 and 1400 per day. Today I asked him how much I should be eating, and he said between 1000 and 1200, but I could tell he would prefer me to be closer to the 1000 calorie end. I have averaged 1050 for the last month, so that's not much of a difference. I am just going to make a better effort to keep it to 1000.

So the third fill is the charm, they say. I think it's going to by my 4th or 5th, but we shall see. You know I'll keep you posted! :)

KC

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good attitude makes all the difference.

Alison... said...

Why did he tell you to eat fewer and fewer calories? Because your stomach is smaller and smaller?

Kristen said...

Yes - eventually the range is going to be 800-1100 for women on the lap band. Because I had so much to lose at the beginning, they started me on the high end...I think...