Tuesday, September 30, 2008

The people want an update!

Hi! I'm back. I'm sorry for being gone so long. I had time off from work for my birthday, and apparently I neglected by BLOG in the meantime! *So* sorry. :)

Darcy asked me what I wanted for my birthday meal, and I picked a turkey dinner. I didn't want it on the day of my birthday because there was too much going on, so we decided on the next day. All of the neighbors were going to join us, and it was going to be a big celebration...of food. No luck. All the turkeys in NH were frozen. I've never encountered that before. I can always find a fresh one. The world is ending.

I bought the only frozen turkey I could find in the store, and it was 21 lbs! That's insane. I can only eat 3, MAYBE 4 oz of meat at a time. I could never get through this thing, but that's all they had, so I took it. I got to the register, and it said "young turkey" on it. Okay, a *young* turkey has no business of weighing 21 lbs! I didn't get it at the natural foods store (mistake one), so I should have known better.

We finally cooked it yesterday, and it was the fattiest poultry I'd ever seen in my life. Ew. It was a bummer - I was looking forward to a yummy (small) meal, made with healthy sides, and I couldn't fully enjoy it. I have no idea what to do with the rest of the thing.

Anyway, I had a great birthday spent with friends (way too generous friends), and we all had a good time. I'm now 32. That catches you all up.

:)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay I was tired of looking at Katherine Heigl. Sorry to hear about your unappetizing turkey. 32..you are catching up. In 7 more years we will be the same age.

Alison... said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Alison... said...

You should have gone back to Hanaford and gotten one of the smaller frozen turkeys we saw...

Sorry that the one you got was so fatty, what did you do with the 20 pounds you didn't eat?

LOL

Kristen said...

Those were turkey breasts - the ones you saw at Hannaford. I don't like breast only. I'm a dark meat girl.