Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Not your average restaurant



I had a business lunch today, and we went to Not Your Average Joe's. I love that place. I was hoping it would be cancelled because the things I love there are so naughty, such as their delicious bread and oil dip, and everything else on the menu. It wasn't cancelled, so I went. I did have one piece of bread, and it was fantastic.

I ordered the mustard crusted chicken for lunch. It's a 5 oz piece of chicken breast, marinated in different mustard sauces, and then baked with panko crumbs. It's phenomenal. It comes with a side of garlic mashed potatoes as well as a generous portion of green beans. I ate a little less than half of the chicken, as I was full from the piece of bread. I also had about a quarter of a cup of mashed potatoes, and I ate all of my green beans.

I have no idea how many calories I ate. I already gave my best estimation when I logged them into fitday just now, but I have emailed the restaurant to get the specific nutrition information. I'll be interested to compare my estimation with the cold hard reality. :)

This restaurant is a casual restaurant with very reasonable prices, but it just stands out to me as different from other restaurants in it's class. The food is tastier, better quality, and it doesn't feel like you're sitting at a Friday's or Applebees or other inexpensive chain. As I was leaving, it was raining out, and the host offered to walk me to my car with an umbrella. I can't imagine that happening at the 99 or Friendly's! :) (Obviously, I declined.)

It was a delicious lunch, and I'm having salad for dinner!

I haven't had a change in my weight. I postponed my fill because I cannot leave work this afternoon, so I'll be going next week instead. Next week works better for me anyway. This is another busy week for me, and I'll be on the road a lot - I'm going to do my best to make sure to exercise and plan healthy meals.

I have been averaging 1000 calories per day for as long as I haven't been losing. I think my body was used to the 600 - 700 calories per day, and now it's more maintaining. Starting tomorrow, I'm going to eat 600-800 calories per day with one day per week of 1200 - 1400 to spike my metabolism. We'll see if that gets me past this hump.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are way too funny. E-mailed the restaurant for the actual calorie count. Oh my...get some help...lol

Alison... said...

I love NYAJs too and I agree, the food is much better quality than the average run of the mill chain...

I am sure your body is used to the low calorie amounts... I am always for encouraging you to spike those cals! go for it!

You will have a nice loss after a spike, I am sure of it.

It is so true though, the closer a person gets to goal, the more difficult it seems to be to lose. I think you're living proof of that.

Yikes!

Kristen said...

Yes, I fully anticpated the last leg of the journey to be the most challenging, but I don't mind it, truly. I feel 1000 times better, and I'm loving life, and I'll get there eventually!

lanie said...

Well said- you'll be there before you know it!

Anonymous said...

I'm in a love/hate relationship with virtual memory because of the way prices are always falling. I hate buying SDs for my R4 / R4i at (seemingly) a bargain price only to see it become a whole lot cheaper a couple of months later.

(Posted using Net3 for R4i Nintendo DS.)