Wednesday, September 17, 2008

What kind of fill is that?


I met with the NP in my surgeon's office yesterday, and I let her know I was on a bit of a plateau. She said I'm still losing, just not as fast, so that's not exactly a plateau, but if it were a plateau, that would be completely normal. You don't lose as much as I have in the time that I have without slowing down from time to time. The body needs time to adjust to these significant changes, and I'm still doing everything right.
.
She quizzed me about what I eat in an average day, and she was pleased with the results. She said I have a very well rounded diet, which is what I'm striving for. She asked me how much I was eating every day, and I told her I was now averaging about 1000 calories per day. She wanted to know if that was enough for me, and I told her it was, although I definitely am ready for a fill. She didn't want to give me one because she said I'm approaching the max capacity of my band (which I'm actually not - I had 6 CCs in a 10CC band, and the 10CC band can hold 12-14 CCs) so she gave me a .5 CC addition yesterday.
.
I know I say this every time, but I have never seen any lap band surgeon so tight with the fills. I trust them, though. It's just odd knowing of people who had the surgery 3-4 months ago having more in their band than I do at almost the year point.
.
So I have a tiny little fill, and we'll see if it makes any difference. I would have imploded if she didn't give me a fill at all after I took 3 hours out of my schedule to be there. I don't have 3 hrs to waste.
.
I didn't eat anything last night, but I had a sugar free Carnation instant breakfast this morning, and it was good. I was looking forward to it for some strange reason. I'll be on liquids today, and we'll see about tomorrow. I doubt it's even necessary with my mini fill, but I'd rather play it safe.
.
I did get some exercise in yesterday, so I'm glad about that, although my knee started to bother me. Today I *really* want to go kayaking, so I hope I am home before it's dark.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I don't know how you did it but kudos on talking her into at least giving you 1/2 of a fill -

Hopefully the 1/2 of a fill will help but the way you eat now, I'm not convinced you will never need a fill. You take 2 bites of anything and you're done... that and 1000 calories satifies you, I think you're all set.

Just sayin

Anonymous said...

I think you are doing great with this program. Dedication is your number one tool for success. Well maybe number two, the band is probably one. You have been fastidious with this program and teh results speak for themselves.