Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Kitty Lap Band



I know I've blogged about the kitty lap band before, but I must do so again. My fat cat (not pictured above) truly has an eating disorder. We have had him on a diet for quite some time, and he's experienced his own NSV's: able to clean himself again, able to jump up on the couch without falling back halfway up, etc... If it were up to him, he would look like the cat pictured above.

There is something *seriously* wrong with him.

Last night, Darcy and I were watching tv and we heard a really weird scratching noise on the floor downstairs. It wasn't his usual slow saunter, or even his scurried paw screeches from thinking he's being fed...this was entirely different. Darcy went downstairs to check it out, and she said, "You have to come here RIGHT now!," as she started wheezing from laughing so hard.

Our fat little kitty had managed to get a small plastic bag from the garbage that had some type of meat in it, stuck on his head. His entire face was stuck in the plastic bag, and he couldn't get it out. I wanted to get my camera, but he was clearly about to suffocate, so we took the bag off the stoop's head, and he ran under the table to hide in shame.

Seriously - what is wrong with him?!

I needed to stop by my grandmother's house on the way home from work last night, and on my way home from her house, I stopped by a farm stand and picked up fresh zucchini and corn. I marinated the zucchini in fat free italian dressing with a tiny bit of low sodium soy sauce and I grilled it in thick slices on the grill with our marinated steak tips. Dinner was delicious.

I had a bunch of work to do still, but I wanted to get some exercise in, so I went kayaking for a half hour. I would have liked to have gone longer, but I didn't have a ton of time. I made the workout count, though. I paddled hard and I didn't stop at all. My arms were sore, but it was such a wonderful way to get some exercise in.

When I came back to the house, I continued working until 9PM. I should have/could have gone longer, but I have a rule about not working past 9. We watched a little TV and then went to bed.

Today has already been a very busy day, and it will continue to be so into the night. I'm in Boston, and I have to leave right at 5 to try to get to a lake association meeting for 6:30. After that, I need to get some homework done, as classes end on Friday, and I will have more work to do as well. I'm trying to figure out when to get my work out in today...

Tomorrow I'm heading to Fall River in the AM, and then I have an afternoon meeting in the South Shore. I'm hoping to be home fairly early so that I can make more of a dent into my homework. Friday morning, I have a root canal (who has time for this stuff), then work, then finishing up my work for school. I'm looking forward to the weekend!

3 comments:

Alison... said...

poor lil Milly - he can't stop eating! I wonder why? Even though you guys laugh at him, it must be a little torturous for him to feel hungry all the time.

:(

Man, you're busy!

When will it end?

lanie said...

know you'll be offended if i call you wonder woman but---working after a root canal?!? only you-how bout the incredible non-hulk!!!

Anonymous said...

Kristen, Miller is not fat he is just original in appearance. He thinks he is a dog and just bulking up to look like one. He is like 100 years old. I think you can let him off his diet...lol