Monday, September 15, 2008

Another Monday

Happy Monday...if there is such a thing. ;-)

I had a nice weekend, as planned, Saturday was very busy - we had a great time apple picking and shopping at the farmer's market at the apple orchard.

I bought all kinds of heirloom tomatoes that they grow there - I can't wait to make a colorful salsa with them! We got lots of fresh herbs and veggies as well as the apples that we picked. I even climbed an apple tree, and it was fun! :) We plan to go back there at least one more time this fall.

The customer appreciation day at our natural foods store was great - there were samples of so many things that I wouldn't have tried otherwise, so it was a neat way to expand our horizons.

We made some good headway reorganizing the downstairs bedroom and starting to paint all the furniture white. It looks so much better white. I'm hoping to finish that project during the week, but we'll see. It's another busy week for moi.

I start my watercolor class tonight. I'm looking forward to it, although 6-9:30 every Monday night will be kind of annoying. At least I'll get the class out of the way early on in the week.

Yesterday we decided to have a lazy day, and we went out to breakfast and then just watched movies and lazed around the house the rest of the day. It was very relaxing, but I'm glad to be back at a productive level today. I've been working since 6 this AM, and I will work until 5:30 tonight when I leave for class, although I do need to take a break at some point to exercise.

I have a fill tomorrow, and I think I'm quite ready for it. Have a great week!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are one busy bee. Can't wait to see your paintings. Sounds like a nice weekend.

Alison... said...

Have fun at school!

I'm glad you had a flop day yesterday, you deserve it after all the hard work you've been doing...

Kathie said...

What do you do for a living? And what are you in school for?

Carmen said...

Fall is my absolute favorite season. We have a great apple orchard/farmer's market up in Lake Tahoe and although it's a 3 1/2 hour drive, it's so worth it! They make apple EVERYTHING! I am plannihng our trip for the 2nd week in October when I'm on fall break from work. It will be Jackson's first trip apple picking and to the pumpkin patch...so fun! It's not quite the same as the east coast, but hey I gotta work with my geographical locale