Thursday, September 11, 2008

What's in your cart?


I got home earlier than planned, so I went to the grocery store to pick up a few items. Since I now buy my produce and meats at the natural foods market (or a local farm for veggies), I have to shop at different stores to get everything I need. Hannaford and Shaws sell some of the same items that my natural foods store sells for less, so I buy those items there.
.
I haven't gone completely healthy yet, because I'm trying to lose weight, so I still take some short cuts, such as the fat free italian dressing. That can't be good for you - dressing IS fat! Oy, but I'm making lots of good changes, and I'll get there. When I'm done losing and I start maintaining, I plan to take even fewer shortcuts, and hopefully, someday, I will eat all whole foods.
.
What's in my cart today? FF Italian Dressing, chicken sausage (for my roasted vegetable, sausage and orzo that I'll be making this weekend - YUM), cat food, pickles (should have skipped the pickles), Joseph's flax tortillas and mini pitas, a Kashi frozen dinner for a pinch, Kashi multigrain strawberry waffles, sugar free syrup (made with splenda), cat food, multigrain cherrios, and water.
.
If you showed me that cart full a year ago, I would have been extremely depressed if you told me that was my future. LOL - it's funny how we change. On Saturday, I'm going to the customer appreciation day at my natural foods market, and then I will pick up my dairy, meats and veggies.
.
Tonight we are having grass fed marinated steak tips on the grill with sliced grilled (also marinated) zucchini. I love this meal. I'm going to come in just under my daily allowance of 800 calories for today. It's been a hungry day for me, so I'm glad I stuck to my plan.
.
After dinner, I'm going kayaking. My arms are still sore, but much better than the AM, so I'll be fine. I am hoping D will join me, but she's tired, so I doubt it.
.
Enjoy your dinner! :)

4 comments:

Carmen said...

Okay so your cart is definitely healthy I'll give you that. What I was really thinking about today is how I started working at C1 7 years ago yesterday and that's when I first met you! Can you believe it? The time goes by sooo fast. Just thought I'd send a shout out and tell you I was thinking about you. So proud of all your hard work, you is looking sooo good lady!

Kristen said...

Hey Carmen! I was thinking about C1 yesterday too because that's what 9/11 reminds me of (pathetically) - time FLIES. Thanks for all your encouragement, mama!!!

Alison... said...

That is quite a healthy cart and I don't think you would have been depressed a year ago at the thought of that...

I would have been though although now I look at it and it looks fine to me too...

Times and we are changing!

Anonymous said...

I am depressed looking at your cart. It make sme realize how little I think about my own food and caloric intake. We dio have large amounts of cat food in common..lol