Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Full


Well I do notice a difference from this fill after all, although I'm not sure how long it will last. For lunch, I brought a cup of soup in, and it had a few tiny noodles in it, so I decided to try them since I only had a small fill. I got really full! I didn't even finish the 90 calorie soup because it was too much for me.
.
I'm sure that won't stay with me for a long time, but it was still funny. Ideally, the lap band works best with solids because they don't slip through the band. If you eat a lot of soft foods (like popcorn, chips, ice cream, some breads, and even pastas), you can eat more than you would be able to with meat and vegetables. The key is working with the foods that work with you!
It's okay to have other things from time to time, as long as they are the exception and not the rule.
.
I just received a very sad email from Not Your Average Joe's restaurant. There is *nothing* that I can eat on their menu. They sent me the nutrition information for everything, and it's all bad news. Most restaurants have a few things that aren't so bad, but I didn't find anything.
.
I eat 1,000 calories per day, so I really don't like to go over 300 calories in any one meal, unless it's an exception. The mustard crusted chicken meal (lunch sized) was over 1100 calories for the chicken, potatoes and green beans. That doesn't surprise me too much. Some of the salads are over 1500 calories, and even their hummus dish was 700+.
.
I'm going to ask them to put some healthier options on their menu, and I'll let you know how that goes! :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Laughing here...first only you would ask NYAJ's to send you their nutritional information. Then only you would write back and suggest meal replacements. Maybe they can name the disk Chicken Kristen or something fun like that.

Love the pic!!

Alison... said...

Well let's hope you can cram more food down your gullett than a few sips of soup - you can't live on that.

I think your band was tight enough... you can hardly eat and you're satified on 1000 or fewer calories a day -

I can't believe the mustard crusted chicken is 1100 - that's just awful!

:(

lanie said...

How much of that could/would you actually eat? 1/4? 1/3? Then you're really at about 300-400 cals,and eaten with a steamed veggie or greens...not so bad.

totwotoo said...

inesslakaja1977
Why is that when I see the picture of the cat on this entry I think of Miller???

How is Miller doing on his diet?