Friday, September 19, 2008

Cardio

I actually miss doing cardio since my knee hasn't been right. I'm surprised by that because I am not a fan of cardio, but apparently my body craves it now. Good for me.

I *really* need to make time to start out with the free trial at Lanie's gym that has the pool. Lanie? Call me! :) I want to go there tomorrow morning to do laps.

I didn't work out again yesterday. I worked until 8PM and then I just vegged out in front of the TV. I'm hoping that I can get caught up over the weekend so that next week won't be quite as crazy for me. I know I need to get back into the groove of carving out time each day to exercise.

Tonight I'm making grass fed delmonico steak on the grill with zucchini and corn on the cob. I'm looking forward to it! I had two Kashi whole grain waffles with sugar free syrup for breakfast. I'm going to have a small apple as a mid-morning snack, and for lunch I'm planning to have hummus and tabouli on a multigrain mini-pita with a cucumber on the side. If I'm hungry for a midday snack, I'll have some yogurt.

I don't think we have any plans this weekend, which is a good thing. I have a lot of work to get caught up with and I want to finish the guest bedroom project. I hope the weather is nice, because rain isn't very motivating to me.

Have a great weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw a great cartoon yesterday that said, "What works better for your schedule, excercising one hour a day or being dead 24 hours a day". Yes we all have to be dilligent about going to the gym. I was lazy this week as well.

Your dinner sounds yummy

Alison... said...

be sure to peel the apple so no skin gets stuck!

I think it's going to be nice this weekend so you should be able to get all your projects done -

yay!

Carmen said...

The incredible shrinking KBC...I was just looking at the before and current pictures on the side bar...perhaps you might rethink your blog name. Phatband no more, now Skinnyband? hmmm, you might have to come up with a catchier way of spelling it though

Kristen said...

LOL

skinny band! haha

what about phatphreeband?

I'm miles away from skinny, but i love you and your constant support!!