Sunday, September 7, 2008

Strange Day

The sky looks slightly ominous. I'm not sure if the rain has stopped - by the looks of the clouds, I would guess it hasn't. Today Darcy has her sister's wedding shower, which I have been excused from due to my overall disdain for such functions (disclaimer: though I love her sister and family, and I hope they have a special day) as well my increasingly busy schedule. I plan to spend a fair part of the day working.
.

As I mentioned in the past, it is easy to let the "little" things in life get away when you are so busy with the "big" things. My house has been a thorn in my side for months now. With my schedule, as well as our summer entertaining schedule, I do not have time to really get ahead with organizing the house. Keeping up with the cleaning is about as far as we can get, and even that doesn't happen all the time, which makes me mental.
.

I have *no* regrets about all the wonderful sunny days I spent out on the water, but I am also excited that today is a bit of a gross day because I can finally start to organize the house, starting in the garage, as planned (pictured below:)

Yes, I have my work cut out. I want to start on the garage this AM while it's not raining. I can work later when/if it starts raining again, and I can even work in the garage when it's raining, but right now, I'm pulling out all of the junk that I'm taking to the dump. (Does anyone have a truck I can borrow? Pretty please?? :))

Yesterday afternoon, Darcy and I went to home depot and we bought some shelving for the garage. I'm hoping it helps. Our house has NO storage, and we only have a one car garage, so it's really really hard to keep it organized as well as to use the space effectively. It's a bit overwhelming as well, since we have to not only fit all of our storage items in there, but also a motorcycle, two bikes, an inflatable hot tub, lawn mower, weed wacker, leaf blower...you get the idea.

Also, the man we purchased the house from left several items in the garage when he moved out, and we never really got rid of his junk either. It was a weekend home for us originally, and we paid a little extra to buy the place furnished, so we moved in with a suitcase in the winter. We slowly accumulated things, and they ended up in the garage, but we never cleaned it out initially, which is step one of the problem.

Wish me luck! (I'm hoping to burn some calories!)

1 comment:

Alison... said...

If you need help, let me know - I would be happy to pitch in.