Thursday, September 11, 2008

Grades are in

It must be a miracle, but I got A's in both of the classes I just finished. Getting an A is not surprising to me, since I usually get A's, but these classes were so intensive because they were crammed into 8 weeks, and I was *so* busy that I'm just surprised, but pleasantly so.

I finally figured out my plan for classes for the fall semester. I've been so busy, and I have an opportunity to start another side project which I would love to do, but I need to finish up with my undergrad too. I'm going to be very busy in these next few months, but I didn't want to take time off from classes, so I'm taking two in person classes that I think will work well for me: one class meets every Monday night from 6 - 9:30 PM in Concord, and it is a watercolor class! How fun! I still needed an art requirement. The other class is a higher level management class, but it only meets one Friday night and two full weekends (all day Saturday and all day Sunday).

The weekends that I have to spend the entire time in school will not be fun, but at least I will be able to get the class over with without it being an interruption to my weekly schedule. I will have homework to do on my own, but I can fit it in when it works best for me, rather than completing weekly assignments.

I need to continue to try to balance my health with all of my other priorities. I wanted to go to the gym this AM, but there was nothing for me to do since my knee is out of commission and I did upper body yesterday. I'm really hoping the xray tells us something or that I'm somehow on the road to recovery because I need to get back into my full routine.

I kept my calories low yesterday, as planned. I think I landed at 482 which was lower than planned, but today will be challenging and I'm ordering lunch for an off site, and restaurant food is almost never ideal. My arms are pretty sore from my work out yesterday, but I'm hoping by tonight they will be less sore so that I can at least go kayaking.

I'm craving Margherita pizza. I need to get over it. :)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok you should break your upper body workout into different areas, Arms, back, chest, etc. I do two days upper body back to back.

Have a slice of margherita pizza. I am not sure what that is, I am guessing a slice of cheese with a margherita.

Good work on your report card. Yay for you. Why did you leave school in the first place?

Alison... said...

Of course you got As - how much do you owe me now?

That class sounds awful but you're right, you'll get it over with quickly so it's worth it.

Kristen said...

LOL re: a slice of cheese with a margherita!! it's buffalo mozz cheese with fresh basil and fresh tomatoes...yum!

That's a good idea to break up upper body in the mean time - you so smaht.

Why did I leave school? I'm a bit of a late bloomer. I wasn't ready at the time. My first year in college, I learned how to abuse credit cards, overdraw my bank account but still find ways to get money out, how to make ramen noodles over a lighter flame (JK), etc... Then I just got busy with work and life. Oh well. I'm back.

Anonymous said...

Funny regarding the Ramen noodles