Sunday, September 7, 2008

Busy Saturday


We had a busy day yesterday, but we did make time to go raspberry picking! The place we went was loaded with berries, so it didn't take us long to pick 4 quarts!
.
Yesterday AM, I worked from about 6:30 -10:30 when we got ready to go take my grandmother to lunch. Part of that time was spent transferring my phone numbers and pictures from my old phone to my new phone, as I switched services this week. That's always fun.
We had a nice lunch with my grandmother, and we ran some errands and dropped her off. On the way home, we stopped to do the raspberry picking. It was my first time, and it was so much fun. I love doing silly little nature things. I always have. I know that picking raspberries or apples is such a basic thing, but I always find it to be a special experience, and yesterday was no exception.
.
At least I ended up taking berries home, unlike my 3 year old nephew Ben. My mom took him blueberry picking a few weeks ago (fruit is is FAVORITE food), and the whole time he was picking blueberries, he was saying "one for me, and one for the bucket." All in all, he ended up with about two blueberries in his bucket, so I think he actually just ate every single one he picked! (Don't worry, they weren't stealing - he was picking berries at my Mom's friend's house.) .
We stopped by the batting cages after the raspberry picking, but we decided to skip it because my back was hurting. I think I may have pulled something with my lightening fast kayaking on Friday. ;-)
.
Next up, we had errands to run. We stopped by home depot and took care of a few things that had been outstanding, and then we went to BJ's to get food for Darcy's sister's shower. After that, we came home and I made healthy pizza's for dinner, using the Joseph's whole grain flax pita pockets, fresh tomato and basil and part skim buffalo mozzarella. Yum!
.
After that, we decided to take it easy and we watched a few movies and called it a night. It is good to have down time once in a while!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

Yes, i was very worried that your family was letting Benny steal fruit

As if

glad you endjoyed your outing!

Kitty said...

cute pic! and the garage looks amazing... I love that "I got it done" feeling. YAY you!!!!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are on a roll. Garage and berry's, that was one crazy weekend!!

Stephanie Carnes said...

Yum - raspberries!

Today Ben had his three-year-old check-up, and the doctor asked him what his favorite vegetable is. He said, "Chocolate milk!"

Way to make Mommy look good, Benjamin.