Saturday, September 13, 2008

The slow crawl to the finish line


I was down another lb today for a total of 159 lbs lost, 18 away from losing TJ. I think he may be right, in that I just can't bear the thought of losing him, and that is why this is taking longer than usual! :)
.
With the lap band, in the first year, you can plan to average a 1-2 lb loss per week and after that, it slows. Your body has adjusted to being on a lower calorie regimen, and the loss isn't as dramatic. I averaged 3 lbs/week my first year, so now I may be slowing to the 1-2 lb loss per week as I approach my second year, and that is a good thing too. I lost 2 lbs last week and 1 lb this week, so perhaps that is my new trend. If that is the case and I now average a 1.5 lb weekly loss going forward, I will reach my goal in about 24 weeks, which puts me in February 2009, my original goal date.
.
As the world's best estimator, it would only figure that I'd hit my goal at the exact right point. LOL How funny.
.
Believe me, with just under 200 lbs to lose, I would have no complaints accomplishing that in about 18 months! That sounds crazy, but it's not falling off me as it would have if I had gastric bypass. With that, I probably would have hit my goal 4 months ago, but I'm very glad I chose the lap band. It's what I needed personally.
.
So I will inch along to the finish line, and every lb loss is a lb gone forever! (Except possibly the last 10-20 lbs, LOL. They say most people get to their goal weight and then bounce back up just a bit. I don't mind being 10-20 lbs overweight if that's the best I can do. It's got to be better than 200 lbs overweight, right? ;-) )

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Nice pic... and you're not inching, it's just not coming off like it was before -

I lose about a pound a month... now THAT's inching... actually it's milimetering.

;-)

Anonymous said...

You will reach the finish line one way or another, the speed at which you reach your goal is not as important as the fact that you WILL reach your goal. I doubt you will put on the 10-20, I am sure you will beat that average..lol