Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Move over, Michael!


I went swimming before work today at a hotel near my house. They have a partnership with Lanie's gym, so I called and told them I'm considering joining. The downside is that the water is really warm, and so is the pool room- not ideal conditions for laps. I felt like I was overheating a few times.
.
I got about 20-25 minutes of straight laps in, and it was a great cardiovascular workout - I could feel my heart beating out of my chest, but not in a scary way. I'm going to think about this as a possibility, since I need to figure out a plan B due to my knee injury. I have to be careful with swimming, even, because when I pushed off the walls, it was starting to hurt my knee, so I'll need to just use my left leg for now.
.
This is probably the closes pool to my house, so I'm thinking of calling the hotel directly and asking if I can just pay them to let me try it out for a month to see if it works for me.
.
I would like to do another form of exercise today since I didn't even get a full 30 mins of cardio in. I think I'll do crunches and some stair push ups. As far as I know, all of the DVDs I have involve the knee.
.
We'll git-r-done one way or the other!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's always smart to have a plan B. You are right you will get it done one way or another.

Alison... said...

Yes, you should call the hotel directly... why join yet another gym? Even at $20/month? Get r done your way!

lanie said...

Like i said before-it's much more expensive thru the hotel. But knowing you , they'll probally pay you to come swim in their pool! lol! You're smart though to try it for a month 1st. to make sure you like it. P.S. My sister does "hot" yoga. They get a much better workout and muscles are warmer...maybe same theory for swimming???

Kristen said...

I get the theory, but I was uncomfortable with the heat - we can't have that! ;-)