Monday, September 22, 2008

Not feeling so hot


I'm having problems again with abdominal pain. I can't imagine what it would be aside from my gallbladder. Saturday night, I had margarita pizza for dinner. I've had it plenty of times when it didn't bother me, but this was the third time it did. I woke up in the middle of the night with what felt like a stabbing pain in my upper right abdomen. I took a pain killer, but I still felt off in the AM.
.
We went for breakfast and I had part of two eggs, and one piece of dry toast, and I started feeling sick again. I took another painkiller, and I rested. By the end of the day, I was feeling better. We went to the movies, and I had a little popcorn. I know that was dumb because I hadn't been feeling well, but I figured a little wouldn't hurt.
.
Wrong.
.
I woke up again in the middle of the night with stabbing pain, and I was up for quite some time. Not fun.
.
I don't know what it is, but I can tell you that it causes a radiating heat to come from my abdomen, right where my gallbladder is located. I'm thinking that must be the issue. I know that the testing didn't show definitively that it was my gallbladder, but I also know that it was a possibility, and also that some gallbladder issues go undetected with a hida scan. I also know that the amount of weight I've lost in the past year, is often a trigger for gallbladder issues.
.
For the time being, I'm going to treat it like it's a gallbladder issue to see what happens. I'm going to avoid all fats (which I do usually anyway, but this time, I just won't ever make any exceptions other than a low amount of fats that exist in healthy foods or a tiny bit of evoo for cooking, etc...), and I'm going to just focus on eating healthy, unprocessed whole foods as much as possible.
.
Let's hope this does the trick.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maybe you should go back to the MD as well. This keeps occuring for you.

You really need to see what the doctor says.

Alison... said...

I agree with TJ but I won't lecture since I am way over due for the dr's...

Staying away from all fats is a good idea for now though.

Sorry you're in pain!