Thursday, September 4, 2008

A little late with the blog today!

Soooorrry!

I was on the road for 4.5 hrs today, and I needed to get as much as I could done before leaving the house. I got back home around 4ish, and I worked until 6:30. I've been on a plateau for what seems like forever now, and I need to do my best to exercise every day. I kayaked on Tuesday, but I missed working out yesterday (since I was working until 9 with the "break" of a lake association meeting) so I was determined to get some form of exercise in today. I kayaked out to cupcake island, which is the farthest I've ever gone. I was rowing hard the entire way, and it only took me about 40 minutes round trip, but I was sweating! (ew)

I took this picture of the sun setting with from my kayak. Every time I stopped paddling, my kayak started spinning around because I was going fast, so I kept missing it. That's why it's already set in the picture above, but you still get the idea. What a wonderful way to get in cardio, as well as a good workout for arms and back! I want to go hiking tomorrow.

I'm living through my very busy week. I've postponed tomorrow's root canal because I just can't afford to spend time doing that when I have so much else on my plate. I took one of my finals, and I did well, so that is good. Tonight I plan to work on my two research papers, and hopefully, if all goes well, I'll be done at a reasonable hour tomorrow night.

I do have work I need to do this weekend, but that's okay, after tomorrow I will be out of the woods for a little bit at least. Saturday we are taking my grandmother out to lunch and to run some errands, and after that I want to pick something...It's a little soon for apples, but raspberries are still around, so that may be fun. There is a batting cage on the way back from my grandmother's house too, so I'd like to stop there as well.

I'm going to do my best to try to find active things to do on the weekends, now that summer is (allegedly) ending, but I'm going to spend as much time on and in the water as possible too!

Oh yes, I have a fill scheduled for next Tuesday. I'm really hoping to lose some weight before then, but if not, not. Life moves on. I'm doing the right things, and I will reach my goals whenever I do. :)

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Glad you enjoyed your kayak ride.

I'm sure now that you're getting closer and closer to goal, the weight may come off slower but you have obviously done phenominally well in 1 year.

Keep up the good work and enjoy your time w/ your grandmother

Anonymous said...

You have hit a plateau before. It will break soon enough! I don't know how you find the time to fit everything in.