Monday, July 21, 2008

Lahooosaher


Yeah, baby. Yesterday I was down three, and today I'm down one more for a total of 150 lbs lost!! As I've said, my original goal was to lose 150 lbs my first year (10/3 is my bandiversary), and to it it ahead of schedule is a great surprise!
.
From what I've read, it's rare for a woman to lose this much in one year with the lap band, so I'm really thankful I've had such a great experience.
.
I was driving to the hospital last week with Alison, and I told her I wanted to get another lap band because I love mine so much. I know that some people have issues with having weight loss surgery, and those are their issues. For me, it's been a life changing experience, and I feel like I've gotten my life back. I have absolutely no regrets.
.
I can't believe I got as big as I did, and I'm not sure what happened. I'm now the lowest weight I've been since I was about 19. This is as low as I got when I lost a ton of weight with weight watchers when I was 24, but I look smaller now because I have more muscle tone. I have about 40-45 lbs to lose until I get to my lowest weight in my adult life, when I was working at Gold's Gym doing some personal training.
.
I know that to some, losing 40-45 lbs seems like a lot, but since I've lost 150, 40-45 seems small! I love my new active live, as well as the smaller healthier me. I *really* feel like I'm in the home stretch now, and I am enjoying every step of the way.
150 lbs, gone forever!

4 comments:

Alison... said...

you are the smallest, healthiest, livliest and BEST you have ever been since I have known you - you're truly an inspiration to everyone around you!!!!

I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

ROCK ON!!! 5 more pounds til Marcello. Wow your journey is an inspiration for anyone who wants to embark on changes like this! Yay for you!

Kristen said...

Thank you so much!!

Carmen said...

WOW! holy freak that's so cool! I am totally proud of you. What can I say, when you set your mind to something you really go for it. Congratulations!