Friday, July 25, 2008

Getting back on track



I lost 15 lbs this past month, which is an average of 3.75 lbs per week, compared to my usual 2.5-2.75 lbs per week that I have been losing for quite some time. I don't know why there was a bit of a spike. I didn't feel well throughout most of the month and I wasn't exercising nearly the way I had been. Perhaps I lost muscle mass, but I don't know if it would have an impact so quickly.

As I've mentioned earlier this week, I have filled my plate with lots of other things, and I need to get back to making my healthy living a priority, until I reach my goal weight. At that point, it still needs to be a big focus for me, but it doesn't have to be the biggest. My life will move on, and I will get to do lots of things I never could have done. Until then, this still needs to be my primary focus.

I lost 150 lbs since last fall, and I feel like my goal weight is within my reach, since I'm 75% (or more) of the way there. As the weight continues to fall off, it's easy for me to shift my focus since it seems to be happening all by itself now, but I can't let that happen. Now that I'll be back to solid foods soon, I need to get back to my meal planning, grocery shopping, and working out 6x/week.

Starting today. I don't believe in waiting until Monday. Once you recognize the need for change, it's time to change immediately. Every moment you wait/waste, you lose momentum.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

I agree, I never wait until Monday if I am bad... the very next meal is a healthy meal.. I am sure you inspired me on that...

You have had such busy weekends, you're not eating as you should which is probably why the weight is falling off...

Good plan though, eat healthy, plan meals, take time for both and for exercise.

It takes effort but obviously it's paid off.

Anonymous said...

Now that you have reached your goal, what aere you buyiong yourself for a reward??