Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Not myself

I am not feeling well for a ridiculous list of reasons: I hurt my back, my allergies are killing me, I have cramps, my ulnar tunnel syndrome is bothering me in my right arm, my upper abdomen is bothering me and I didn't sleep much at all last night because of those items, so I am exhausted.

I know, I hate a whiner too. I haven't lost any weight, and that's annoying me, but mainly just because I don't feel well, so everything is annoying me. Most of my problems are my own fault. I'm not taking my vitamins or iron because it hurts my stomach, I haven't been taking claritan for my allergies, I haven't been taking the antibiotics for my gallbladder, and I haven't taken any pain killers for my cramps, back or arm.

I hate taking pills, and they hurt my stomach, so I've just been avoiding them. I would have to take 10 pills today to address these issues, and that just seems too extreme. I feel like I don't eat enough food to coat my stomach as much as is needed for all those pills and vitamins.

I'm going to pull myself out of this funk, and eat a carby breakfast that will enable me to at least take some of the meds I'm supposed to, followed by a substantial lunch so that I can take the rest. I may even have some caffeine to give me a little jump start since I slept so poorly, but I doubt that. I felt sick all day yesterday too, and I don't want to do it two days in a row.

The thought of exercise tonight does not seem likely, but I know I'll feel better if I do (as long as it's nothing that will hurt my already annoying back and arm), so I think I'm going to force myself to do lower body at the gym tonight.

Prediction: tonight I will sleep well, tomorrow I will feel much better, and I will be down at least 1 lb.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You poor kid. Sounds like a tough day for you. I never thought about teh challenge of taking pain killers and not having enough food in your system. Carb it up!!

Alison... said...

I thought you couldn't wait for today so it wouldn't be yesterday since yesterday was so awful... today doesn't sound much better!

:(

I hope Sally Sunny's not totally dead to you like she was yesterday... I miss her.

LOL

I am sure you will sleep well tonight and be down a pound tomorrow. Eat well today and the spike in calories will be good for you.