Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Liquid is just not filling for some reason

Some people I have met say the carnation instant breakfasts fill them up. I just don't get that. I mean, they do at first, but it doesn't stay with me the way regular food does. The whole point of having a lap band is so that your stomach will be able to hold less food, due to the restrictive band. Liquids go right through it the band, so it's kind of pointless.

I'm not starving or anything, but I'm hungry, and I'm not looking forward to my CIB lunch, following my CIB breakfast. I'm going to have some low sodium tomato soup with a little low fat melted cheese in it for dinner. That thought makes me happy. How lame!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It is a little sad. I can see why you are hungry. How many days on the liquid diet?

Kristen said...

It is a little sad, isn't it? LOL. I don't know - my md says 3 days of liquids followed by 2 days of mushies, but everything else I've seen on line just says liquids for the first 24 hrs, then mushies and see how you do with the mushies before you try anything really solid like steak.

Anonymous said...

Whoever thought Mushies would sound like a treat. Can you eat Babyfood, some of that stuff is yummy

Alison... said...

when I tried the liquid diet for a week, I lived for low sodium soup - I can totally relate...

but have mushies, you'll be fine!

Alison... said...

PS - I hate that freaking picture of you, it makes me mental to look at it