Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Headshot



This is the second time lately that I have needed a headshot. I'm practically a model, right? Ha! The first time was when the announcement of my involvement on the board of directors for a healthcare magazine was published, and now a different magazine is publishing an article on me and my recruitment team, and they want a headshot too.

I lined up a headshot photo session with our PR team for the first publication, but I cancelled it and ended up taking my own picture. It wasn't that bad! However, this article is much more predominant than the last one (oh yeah, and I've lost 140+ lbs since then), so I want an updated, more professional picture.

Normally this type of thing would cause me loads of anxiety, the only calm around being the fact that I have photoshop, but now, it doesn't bother me at all. I have a photo shoot lined up for tomorrow. My only regret is that I wore my new suit today. I really would have preferred to wear it tomorrow, and now I'm not sure what the best choice for second place will be.

Ah, decisions... It's funny the way things changed. I've also been invited as a guest lecturer for a human resources organization, and even though I've never really minded public speaking that much, it did cause me a bit of anxiety - probably due to the fact that I hated the way I looked. Now that I don't hate my appearance, the anxiety seems to be gone. I know that I know my subject matter, and I know I'm good at what I do, so why be anxious?

I anticipated a lot of changes would come with losing so much weight, but I never really thought I would end up being more comfortable in my own skin. Even when I was younger, and only had a tiny bit of weight to lose, I was never that comfortable, but now I'm older, wiser, and more level headed. I don't have to be perfect to be fabulous.

LOL - that's corny, but oh so true. Being a grown up is a cool thing.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

America's Next Top Model....you mocked me for so long for watching this show. Do you know how to smile with your eyes? Tyra does. Had you been watching reality tv you could have been more prepared. Why not wear the suit again tomorrow, you won't be at the same facility...will you??

Kristen said...

I will be at the same facility! Not good. You are going to have to teach me this smiling with the eyes tonight. You're right - I blew it by skipping out on ANTM!

Anonymous said...

Well that's a head scratcher. The outfit isn't that important because it is really a head shot and focuses more on your face. What face are you wearing tomorrow

Alison... said...

Where the bleep did you get that picture? Did you create it yourself?

Too bad you wore your new suit today but TJ's right, it's a head shot so it doesn't matter.

Sadly, I know what smiling w/ your eyes means since I am a ATM fan. Your smile is a good one, no need for Tyra's coaching.

Oh ya, and you're fabulous at any weight.

Kristen said...

Thanks guys! Ur the best!!! I'm going to need to get my eyebrows done tonight!