Monday, July 7, 2008

Adventures in shopping


I have to admit, my shopping trip was not nearly as traumatizing as I had thought it might be. The entire process took about 20 minutes (15 minutes driving time, 5 in the store), and I left very pleased with my purchase.
.
I was planning to get a few tops/jackets to wear with some dress pants that I have. As I mentioned, I only have 3 suits that fit me right now, and they are all made of very hot material. I was hoping for some new options that would fit and be cool. When I entered the store, I saw that there were several suits on clearance, and I quickly found one that I really liked.
.
It is an off white linen suit with a very summer on Cape Cod feel to it. It's fairly casual as far as suits go, but perfectly appropriate for summer business attire. I'm not good at describing clothes, so that's all you're getting out of me, but I will post a picture of me wearing it later.
.
I tried it on (also something I never do), and I really liked the way it looked on me. I swear they have skinny mirrors in the dressing rooms, though. I decided to purchase it. It was originally a few hundred $$, but it was on clearance for $99. I still had $55 on my gift card, so I only had to pay $45. The suit is a bit tight on me, which is the idea, because I want to be able to wear it throughout the rest of the summer.
.
If I still like it in a few months as much as I like it now, I'll save it for next spring, and I'll just have it taken in. It has simple lines, so that shouldn't be too difficult.
.
It was nice being able to shop at a normal (not fat girl) store, and to be able to see something I like, try it on, have it fit, and be off. Shopping is not fun when you can't buy the things you like because you are too fat. Today I bought a suit I would buy and wear if I didn't have any weight left to lose, as I truly liked the style.
.
For years and years I have had to buy clothing that fit me, and not clothing I liked. Sometimes I would like the clothes I bought, but usually, I just tolerated them. I will never be the type to spend a day with the girls shopping, but I did get a taste of the pleasure I will get from being able to actually buy the clothes I want.

2 comments:

Alison... said...

Buying a nice suit that you like in a non-fat girl dept/store is the best NSV of all!!!!!!

Yay KC Lish

Anonymous said...

5 minutes!! My head is spinning like Linda Blair. 5 minutes. You are too funny.